subcommanderblog.wordpress.com

Subcommander Development Blog

Posts Tagged ‘cppcheck

Subcommander Status

with 3 comments

Hi,

just wanted to let you know that I’m still working on Subcommander :-)

Subcommander

I’m still rewriting the working copy (custom implementation of QAbstractItemModel) code using test driven development. A couple of days ago I modified the gui to use the new code for the first time. And it worked nearly out of the box :-) Because of the test coverage caused by using tdd it will be a lot easier to maintain and extend in the future.

The next step is to add the working copy filtering code to my own custom QAbstractProxyModel. The Beta 5 code is based on QSortFilterProxyModel and I was unable to get it to do what I want. The way QSortFilterProxyModel handles the QModelIndex stuff  simply does not fit with my code. Debugging it was just crazy.

When that’s finished (will be beta 6) I will be able to work more on features and visible improvements instead of internal design stuff.

Hudson

What else? I have set up a (private) Hudson build of the Subcommander /trunk. It is running subcommanders google mock based test suite, checking coverage with gcovr (I had to tweak it a little bit) and is running a code analysis using cppcheck. Cool ;-)

I’m now looking at cukebins to see if it is possible to create cucumber based acceptance tests for subcommander.

Subversion mingw port

I’m also working on a port of subversion to mingw. My final goal is to build Subcommander on Windows with mingw. I have a patch to build subversion on mingw but there are still some failing tests.

Since I didn’t work on it for a couple of month I’m now trying to upgrade the patch to subversion trunk….

Progress is slow but steady…¬† maybe I’m trying to do too much ;-)

Advertisements

Written by hauner

Sunday, 20 June, 2010 at 17:34