Archive for June 2010
just wanted to let you know that I’m still working on Subcommander :-)
I’m still rewriting the working copy (custom implementation of QAbstractItemModel) code using test driven development. A couple of days ago I modified the gui to use the new code for the first time. And it worked nearly out of the box :-) Because of the test coverage caused by using tdd it will be a lot easier to maintain and extend in the future.
The next step is to add the working copy filtering code to my own custom QAbstractProxyModel. The Beta 5 code is based on QSortFilterProxyModel and I was unable to get it to do what I want. The way QSortFilterProxyModel handles the QModelIndex stuff simply does not fit with my code. Debugging it was just crazy.
When that’s finished (will be beta 6) I will be able to work more on features and visible improvements instead of internal design stuff.
What else? I have set up a (private) Hudson build of the Subcommander /trunk. It is running subcommanders google mock based test suite, checking coverage with gcovr (I had to tweak it a little bit) and is running a code analysis using cppcheck. Cool ;-)
Subversion mingw port
I’m also working on a port of subversion to mingw. My final goal is to build Subcommander on Windows with mingw. I have a patch to build subversion on mingw but there are still some failing tests.
Since I didn’t work on it for a couple of month I’m now trying to upgrade the patch to subversion trunk….
Progress is slow but steady… maybe I’m trying to do too much ;-)
I have updated the the source archive for b5 to b5 patch 2. It fixes a couple of build warnings for newer gcc versions, a bad signal/slot connection, (adds) a simple url check (file:////..) to avoid a crash before passing the url to the svn api, a crash on Linux when opening the bookmark property dialog and a missing application icon on Linux.
It is online at http://subcommander.tigris.org.